On the one hand, the holidays are all about traditions. You and your family probably have some favorite recipes you like to cook up, or maybe it’s a trip to your favorite Oregon tree farm. But just as much as holidays are about tradition, many have an insatiable drive to outdo themselves and try something new, to outdo the festivities of years past and make this holiday season the most memorable yet.
How can you outshine yourself this holiday season? The answer is simple: Think big. Don’t be confined to the party supplies you have around your house; stretch out and rent equipment similar to what professional party planners use. RentalHQ can connect you to nearby rental stores and help your party stand out from the usual traditional gatherings.
Here are some other great ideas to jump-start your holiday party planning:
1. Serve your food the right way. Preparing a holiday meal is a labor of love, but even for small gatherings, it can be a real challenge to make sure that delicious food stays warm and is served at its optimal temperature. Renting chafing dishes for main courses and hors-d’oeuvres can ensure that the temperature and flavor of your food stay just right and that those masterpieces you cook up taste better than ever.
2. Light the way. Consider taking advantage of the frigid temperatures by welcoming your guest with spectacular magical ice globes framing the path to your front door. Scatter them outside in the landscape or rest on your outside windowsills. These ice luminaries are easier than you think to create and can really light up any holiday party entrance!
3. Drink in style. To throw a truly stellar holiday party, there are some items you must have. On the top of many people’s list is a full-service bar. If you don’t have a built-in bar in your home or party venue, you’re in luck. Why? Because you’ll have more options to choose from when you decide to rent one. Whether it’s an illuminated bar, modernist style or a classic stone-top design, renting a portable bar to fit your party is key.
4. Fountains of deliciousness. To really go all out, you need to think bigger. You need to plan as though you were throwing an A-list celebrity party. Renting a champagne or chocolate fountain is a sure way to do this. A perfect blend of luxury and deliciousness, a fountain will leave guests talking about that tumbling tower of liquid chocolate or bubbling champagne for years to come.
5. Focus on the details. For many holiday get-togethers, it’s all about having the right plates and serving ware. For a reasonable price, you can easily rent fine china and exquisite glassware that will wow your guests. Best of all, you won’t have to spend a fortune on items you only use a couple of times a year!
I hope these ideas help you have a holly, jolly good time this 2017 Holiday season!